At B1SA we’ve done a lot of thinking about Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE).
We've recognised the common and often unique problems that companies experience when trying to administer compliance and transformation objectives.
We are the leading provider of Supply Chain Management Solutions and Transformation services for small, medium and large businesses.
Transformation is not just about a tally on a scorecard. It’s about achieving a socio-economic objective and succeeding as ambassadors of a brighter future for all South Africans.
Accountability for our actions and respecting each other provides the foundation for our success.
Commitment to delivering a service experience that is timely, valuable, professional, and that exceeds our Clients' expectations, reinforces our credibility and the position of
Our inspiration and motivation is driven by making a difference to our Clients, and to the future of our country.
Promoting opportunity, social responsibility, economic growth, and the fulfillment of goals is the lifeblood of our business.
South Africa's most powerful network of opportunities
• Validation of your company B-BBEE
• Validation of your company CIPC registration
• Validation of your company VAT registration
• Preferred listing on the business directory
• Use of free-to-view business directory
• Listed on the free-to-view business directory
• Access to pay-to-view business directory (over 125 000 companies)
• Multiple company-user access to the pay-to-view business directory
• A fully branded network
Supplier B-BBEE Compliance
This entails a fully integrated Lexis Nexis online workflow solution that facilitates the verification of various data sets also providing linkages to identify possible conflicts of interest.
Please Contact Me
In this phase we conduct the initial vendor cleaning and matching process:
• The first step is to ensure that all the vendor data is clean and in order. We then match all the data and ensure coherence.
• It is important that there are no duplicates on the system so in step two we filter out all the duplicates.
• Often exclusions are made based on the raw data which can be repaired before they are excluded, this is why is step three we flag all the
exclusions so that you can inform us whether you would like to disregard or welcome them back in.
• In step four we make sense of the family tree, by clarifying and fixing the linkages between the holding company and its subsidiaries.
• Step five consists of preparing client centric customised scripts and mandates for the first point of contact, namely the “Call Campaign”.
Online workflow solution that facilitates the collation of supplier data and B-BBEE rating certificates.
• Maintain supplier B-BBEE status
• Measure and maximize BEE procurement progress
• Inform procurement policy and practice
• Identify ED/SD Opportunities
• Over 125 000 unique suppliers on B1SA B-BBEE database
• Systematic importing and matching
• Call centre data cleaning
• Systematic compliance management based on supplier progress
• Facilitation of Supplier compliance
• Procurement Reporting
• Data Integration
Here we simply recycle all information and place it back into the system in order to ensure that the information remains relevant and refined.
In this phase we contact each and every vendor:
• By obtaining the correct representative’s name and relevant contact number and email address on our system.
• We then make certain that we have all the correct VAT numbers of all the vendors, especially in the case of more than one division with different vat numbers under one trading name.
• Our next step is to establish the size of the Vendor and their initial B-BBEE status.
On average, our system processes between 500 to 1000 vendors per week. Transformation requires information, we arrange training and workshops for you to obtain the necessary knowledge to transform your company.
1. We obtain the correct contact details from our system;
2. We ensure that all the correct Vat number’s match the correct vendors, especially in the
case of more than one division with different vat numbers under one trading name.
3. The size of the vendor and initial B-BBEE status is established.
Request For Information
In this phase we send a request for information to every supplier:
1. First we provide an Introduction and then send a request to provide additional information based on system status, we clean out:
1.1. All none B-BBEE compliant firms
1.2. All suppliers with expired and expiring ratings are notified
1,3. All suppliers with verifications pending are identified
2. We follow up with a second and third request for information to non-responsive suppliers.
3. We keep track of all requests and communication between you and your suppliers.
4. We then collate and catalogue all incoming B-BBEE supplier information.
To determine the lack of response from clients, it is necessary to follow up.
• We prepare the integration files and ensure that they are transferred and uploaded to the clients system.
• Together we decide on which file formats will be utilized and the pipe is delimited.
• Monthly and quarterly regulatory measures and intervals are put in place.
• The delivery protocol is created and implemented in line with your expectations as our client.
Here we simply recycle all information and place it back into the system in order to ensure that the it remains relevant and refined.
We compile the critical and relevant information to report on by:
• Providing a full analysis of the projects progress and segmenting the reports in order to make it easy to digest.
The reports are segmented as follows:
• Cost centre; and
• We offer both standardized (if you would like us to suggest what we see as relevant information) or customized reports if
you are seeking specific insights.
We obtain all the necessary information from our client:
• Our system is compatible with all financial systems such as SAP, Excel and Oracle, etc, allowing us to pull all relevant information needed from them once plugged in.
• Secondly, we make certain that we have all the correct Vendor Names and number, in cases of more than one.
• Thirdly, VAT numbers (if applicable) are accurately obtained, especially to help you make your claim.
• We understand the importance of communication, so we ensure that all lines of contact for your company are accurate and up to date.
Our Supplier B-BBEE Compliance Services ensures that your vendor's B-BBEE status is updated and managed. Mouse over the numbers below to see our process.
We have trained over 1000 delegates
The introduction of the new codes has amassed a lot of attention, and with our training programmes you could become a true B-BBEE champion. We have answers to questions like:
"What does it mean to my entity?" or "How can we prepare ourselves?”
We are committed to empowering the previously disadvantaged. Therefore, similar to learning a new sport you will need practical guidance of this new playing field. Our job is to guide you through the major risk indicators and the possible benefits.
Enterprise and Supplier Development Management
Our Enterprise and Supplier Development Management program assist our clients in developing those entities that could potentially enhance their existing supplier chain (Enterprise Development) as well as to develop existing suppliers (Supplier Development). Mouse over the "i" icons below to understand the process.
‘AS IS & TO BE’
& Approval Processes
& Flow of Info
Present to Client
Develop & Deploy
and Project Plan
Develop & Deploy
B1SA is experienced in designing bespoke vendor on-boarding solutions that not only meet our client's unique requirements but which seamlessly integrate into their ERP systems as well. Mouse over the numbers below to view our process.